Friday, February 26, 2010

TESOL Graduates!



Today has been a good day. This whole week the temperature has been in the 50's and today it peaked to 60 degrees. The sun was out, and all of us that came here to be English teachers graduated from TESOL today. For those of you who don't know, TESOL is an acronym that stands for "Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages."

After four weeks of classes that lasted from 9:30am to 5pm ever day, with lectures, multiple micro- teaching and teaching practices, we are finally done! I am thankful for this class because I feel much more equipped to fulfill my role as a teacher successfully. I am also grateful because this certification opens up even more possibilities. We are now certified to teach English anywhere in Asia, and it looks good on the resume when we look for jobs when we come back to the States!

Now we have a three day weekend, and we start teaching March 2nd (which is the beginning of the new school year for Korean students). I am really anxious, but excited to start! But first, we're going to celebrate our graduation by going into Seoul and hanging out!

... on another note, I got my first haircut in Korea today! Fortunately, they gave me to a hair stylist who spoke English, and it turned out pretty good! For $10,000 won ($9 dollars) I got a cut, shampoo, head and shoulder massage! That's less than they charge at Great Clips in the States!

Well, we're off to a Noreabong tonight to get our KARAOKE ON!!!!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment